Fri, Oct 13|
Webinar: Collegiate Recovery Supports
Join us for our October 2023 Webinar on Collegiate Recovery Supports
Time & Location
Oct 13, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM PDT
About the event
Collegiate Recovery Supports: Students do not have to choose between their recovery and their education
October 13th, 2023 at 12:00 PM PT
- Patricia Maarhuis, PhD: SWCRSI PI, WSU Recovery Support Services Coordinator.
- Aaron Kirk, MSW, Grant Navigation Coordinator, Skagit Valley College
- Sandy Jordon, EdM, Title IX Coordinator and Student Wellness, Skagit Valley College
- Corinna Lozano, Business Management student, Skagit Valley College
What would it look like if a college campus was a welcoming environment for students in recovery? This presentation will describe efforts in Washington State to provide higher education opportunities alongside recovery supports. Staff and students from Skagit Valley College will present on the needs of justice involved students in recovery as well as the administration of pragmatic and effective supports at a 2-year college campus in a rural environment.
Objectives: by the end of this collegiate recovery support service (CRSS) presentation, participants should be able to:
- Describe CRSS development in the State of Washington
- Understand the administration of pragmatic and effective CRSS at a 2-year college campus in a rural environment.
- Describe the needs and recovery practice of justice involved students in recovery through the lens of recovery capital development.
- Make connections between the CRSS development in the State of Washington and potential CRSS development in their own communities